Hours of Operation
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time
(Monday - Friday)
PO Box 77759
Greensboro, North Carolina
The CPCE is utilized by over 340 universities and colleges; the CPCE is designed to assess counseling students’ knowledge of counseling information viewed as important by counselor preparation programs. Additionally, the CPCE:
- Allows Master’s program comprehensive exams to better meet psychometric standards.
- Gives programs an objective view of the knowledge level of their students.
- Allows programs to examine student functioning in various curricular areas.
- Promotes longitudinal self-study.
- Compares a program’s results to national data.
- Stimulates student integration of knowledge learned in separate courses.
- Gives students comparative strength / weakness feedback.
The CPCE is not intended or designed as an alternate credentialing examination.
Student eligibility to participate in the CPCE and its use is determined solely by the institutions that have contracted to use the CPCE.
CCE requires that students with questions regarding the CPCE please directly contact the CPCE Coordinator at their institution.
CPCE Study Materials
There is no official study guide for the CPCE. Since the CPCE and the National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE) are based on the same eight knowledge areas, any study materials developed for the NCE should be useful for the CPCE.
To order a CPCE informational packet, or to speak with a representative regarding these services, please contact us using the information provided at right.