BeMIS: A New Career Matchmaking Tool
An individual’s personality and character play an important role when it comes to choosing the right career and being successful in it. Finding an effective way to measure these two factors is one of the keys to helping clients achieve their employment goals.
BeMIS (the Behavioral Management Information System) is a powerful tool for identifying relevant character and personality attributes, and includes personalized development plans for helping clients to develop new career-facilitating behaviors and eliminate those that impede successful career choice, competence and satisfaction.
BeMIS effectively measures, interprets and reports:
- Six categories of global behavior:
- 37 important personality variables
- Emotional intelligence
- Character strengths and virtues
Career-specific information provided by BeMIS includes:
- Approach to life
- Reasoning method
- Cognitive style
- Potential career areas
- Career-relevant personality strengths and constraints
- Is a standardized, nonthreatening and easy-to-complete 15-minute inventory.
- Offers the ability to compare a client’s personality to a target (career, work area, educational major, etc.) and immediately begin exploring similarities and compatibility.
- Presents the data in customized formats that contain only the needed information and range in size from a single page to a detailed graphical, statistical and narrative 20-plus page report.
The BeMIS PC software was developed by Daniel R. Collins, Ed.D., NCC, LPC, after he and Fred L. Adair, Ph.D., NCC, LPC, developed the Interpretive Reports for The Adjective Check List (ACL). The development of BeMIS began in 1975 and has continued with constant improvements in functionality and professional relevance.
Try BeMis for free
For a free sample assessment and report, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-482-2856.